Friday, September 9, 2011

Introduction

     You may already (but probably don't) read my blog. I'm starting a second one to write things I wouldn't otherwise get to about the local sports I cover. Some brief background: I have covered and photographed high school sports for the St. Albans Messenger since September 2003 and have done play-by-play announcing for Channel 15 (public access) for about 9 months. My game reports for "The Messenger" are intended to be all facts and quotes to tell readers who couldn't be at the game what happened there. I don't have a chance to share much of my opinions there, so that's what this blog will be. I'll try to post something after most of the games I cover and entries will typically be short. I would never write something negative about a local athlete or coach in "The Messenger" and I won't here either, but that doesn't mean I won't share my true feelings. Entries on this blog will be of little interest to anyone but the players, coaches and fans of the teams I discuss. I don't see enough teams during a season to make accurate predictions or rankings, so I'll try to avoid attempting to. Though I do interview coaches after games, I do not identify myself as a blogger, just as a newspaper reporter. So I may share some general feelings I get from coaches, but for the time being will refrain from including quotes from them. If athletes, parents or anyone else would like to comment I hope they will; I know how much people love to talk about the teams they're involved with and this could be a great place to do so. Feel free to comment anonymously, but inappropriate or offensive comments will be deleted and ignored. I don't expect this to be a huge deal, but I do hope a few local athletes and parents enjoy this outlet to discuss local sports. Feedback is welcome and encouraged.

                                                                                              Ben Kaufmann.

No comments:

Post a Comment