Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boys Soccer 9-20-11, Winooski: 1 Enosburg: 2, OT

Dallas Desroches (1) takes the role of team photographer as Enosburg celebrates Gabino Hernandez's game winning goal (all game photos soon available at www.fcsportsonline.com)



     This entry will be particularly short since my last entry was on the Enosburg boys and not much changed from Saturday to Tuesday (it's mostly shortened because I'm trying to sandwich my writing between Sons Of Anarchy and the second airing of Tosh.0). Anyway, some thoughts on Tuesday's Hornet win:

*Gabino Hernandez reminded fans why he'll be Enosburg's leading goal scorer. He is ALWAYS in the mix when the Hornets are creating offensively...

*...There isn't enough creation offensively. I spent most of the first half complaining to anyone who would listen that Enosburg wasn't playing with any confidence in the offensive end. For all its skill possessing, the team has no killer instinct near the box. I was glad to hear coach Randy Swainbank say I wasn't the only one noticing this issue, and I'm confident the squad will find its way in the next few games.

*Cody Couture hasn't had to do much in the two games I've seen, but has been spectacular in goal when called upon. It's a toss up between Couture and Fairfax's Cameron Loller for top keeper in Franklin County bragging rights.

*Coach Swainbank's teams are always fun to watch. Sportsmanship is never an issue and he gives his players great freedom. Senior Will Gleason is the base of the Hornet defense, but works his way in to the offensive mix whenever possible. Soccer is just more fun to watch when it's a free flowing game and not based on x's and o's.

*I talked about team chemistry in my last piece on the Hornets. If you don't know what I mean by that, the picture at the top of this piece should tell you all you need to know.


2 comments:

  1. Jeremy Doe of Richford belongs in that goalkeeper conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is right. If you have ever seen Jeremy doe from richford in goal it is amazing. Richford has only a few good players on their team but jdoe is no doubt in my mind the best goal keeper ever in franklin county. From your teammate, joe lamoureux. Jeremy Doe 2012 division 3 player of the year

    ReplyDelete